At MAS, we don’t believe that breast augmentation surgery should be a one-size-fits-all type of procedure. Every women is different, and so are her goals for breast enhancement. For the most natural breast augmentation results possible, you may want to consider the specialty procedure aptly titled The Natural Breast Augmentation™.
The Natural Breast Augmentation™ is a breast augmentation technique that creates the most natural result possible through the use of anatomically shaped breast implants, sometimes known as “teardrop shaped implants”, “form stable implants” or “Gummy Bear Breast Implants“. Teardrop shaped breast implants have a contour that most closely resembles the non-augmented breast with the majority of the implant volume located in the bottom half, and gentle slope towards the top that produces the most natural cleavage line possible.
View our photo gallery to see before and after images of women like you who chose The Natural Breast Augmentation™ with gummy bear breast implants.
What are the advantages of teardrop shaped implants?
- Most natural shape possible. The teardrop contour that holds it shape produces the most natural looking slope and cleavage line in the upper breast. The majority of the fullness provided by the implant will always be in the lower half of the breast so there is never a concern of over-prominent cleavage or an overly noticeable augmentation result.
- Most highly cohesive gel. Anatomic (teardrop) shaped breast implants are also known as “form stable” devices because the degree of cohesiveness of the silicone gel is high enough that it maintains its shape against pressure and gravity. That means the majority of the implant volume stays at the bottom of the implant at all times, which is slightly different than in round silicone implants where the gel is not quite as cohesive.
- Implant rupture is not possible. Because teardrop gummy bear implants have the most cohesive silicone gel, implant rupture with silicone leakage is theoretically not possible. Because gummy bear implants contain a soft solid gel rather than liquid, ruptures and leaks are not possible.
What are the disadvantages of teardrop shaped Gummy Bear implants?
- Risk of rotation. Round silicone implants can rotate freely inside the implant pocket without being noticed because their shape is same in all orientations. This is not true for anatomic shaped breast implants because they have a defined top and bottom. Because of this specific shape, implant rotations may be noticeable and may require a revisional procedure to reposition the implant.
- Slightly firmer feel. In order to help minimize the chance of rotation, gummy bear implants have a textured surface that adheres to your own tissue. This texturing in combination with the higher cohesiveness of the gel results in a breast implant that feels firmer than smooth round silicone implants. For some women, this isn’t noticeable at all, but for others the feel can be too firm for their liking.
- Larger incision required. Because teardrop implants are firmer than smooth round implants, they require a larger incision for placement, which means that the final scar is longer and possibly more noticeable.
- The look can be too natural for some. Some women describe the look of teardrop implants as too natural or “saggy” because of the lower amount of fullness in the upper part of the breast and the less prominent cleavage line. This is an entirely subjective concept though, and not necessarily a true disadvantage of gummy bear implants.
- Additional cost. Gummy bear implants are more expensive than round silicone implants because of higher manufacturing costs, surgeon exclusivity, and a slightly longer time required to perform the procedure.
Click here to learn more about highly cohesive gel Gummy Bear implants.
Am I a candidate for The Natural Breast Augmentation™?
Most women who are having breast augmentation surgery for the first time are candidates, but the ideal candidate has a good understanding of both the advantages AND the disadvantages of teardrop shaped implants, and the how the look of teardrop implants differs from the look of round implants. There are also many different shapes for round implants, so make sure you spend time going over all of your options with your plastic surgeon, especially if you have qualms about the disadvantages of the teardrops.
What is the No-Touch Technique for breast augmentation?
The Keller Funnel is a specialized polymer sleeve used to insert implants of all types into the body without actually having to touch the implant or expose it to potential contaminants on the skin surface, the operative field, or from the air. The sleeve allows the implant to be transferred directly from it’s sterile container through the incision with minimal exposure to it’s surroundings, and also allows for a near-frictionless insertion that minimizes stress on the implant and the incision. The No-Touch Technique using the Keller Funnel for breast augmentation is quickly becoming the gold standard for sterility and safety, and we are proud to offer this technique to our exclusive breast augmentation clientele.
Click here for more information and a video demonstration of the Keller Funnel in action.
How much does The Natural Breast Augmentation™ cost?
The price range for the Natural Breast Augmentation™ is approximately $10,000-$12,000 depending on the complexity of your particular procedure, and a few other variables that you’ll discuss with your surgeon during a consultation.
Are there financing options available?
Yes, we have two financing options available. If you have excellent credit, you may even qualify for a period of 0% interest, and your monthly payments could be as low as $200. The best part of these financing plans is that you’ll know whether or not you qualify before you leave the office after your consultation.
How can I get more information about The Natural Breast Augmentation™?
For more information about The Natural Breast Augmentation™, or for any of our other options for breast enhancement, please contact us online to schedule a consultation or call our office at 917-703-7069.
You can also read more about Breast Augmentation in general by clicking here, or select from one of our other exclusive breast augmentation procedures here:
- The Playmate Breast Augmentation™
- The Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation™
- The 24-Hour Breast Augmentation™
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants