There are several options on the market for nonsurgical laser skin tightening, but we chose the MaxIR Infrared platform from Palomar Medical for our practice because of it’s added versatility in treating a variety of non-cosmetic conditions:
- Joint and Muscle Pains. Intense subcutaneous heating has long been known to be beneficial for acute and chronic joint and muscle pains, but the infrared delivery system takes this process to new levels and makes it a useful tool for sports injury rehabilitations of all types, including muscle tears and sprains, joint injuries, or common muscle fatigue after intense competition. Runners, athletes, and weekend warriors can all benefit from this unique treatment modality.
- Chronic Back Pain. Anyone who has ever suffered from chronic back pain knows the feeling of relief when an external heat pack is applied, but the deep-penetrating heat of the MaxIR takes this to a new level. The infrared laser heat not only feels quite good, but also increases circulation and relaxes tense muscles for extended relief.
- Plantar Fasciitis. This is a common condition among women in New York who wear high heels every day, and the MaxIR can help with the pain and inflammation on the bottom of the foot by stimulating increased circulation and relieving the painful spasms of small foot muscles.
- Migraines. Infrared deep heating of the temporalis muscle and scalp can produce some relief for migraine sufferers, especially when combined with our exclusive Botox for Migraines procedure. We have migraine patients from all over the country travel to New York 2-3 times a year for this combination because it is so highly effective, even for the worst cases of migraines that have not responded to many other forms of treatment.
- TMJ. Deep-penetrating heat applied to the masseter and temporalis muscles has been shown to provide some level of relief for patients with mild-moderate TMJ symptoms.
- Post Liposuction Recovery. Deep subcutaneous heating can be used to speed the recovery process, and provide further skin tightening, after liposuction procedures.
If you would like more information about any of the above treatments, or about the cosmetic version of Laser Skin Tightening with the MaxIR platform, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 917-703-7069.Nicholas Vendemia, M.D. Plastic Surgeon New York
Photo Credit: Palomar Medical
NOTICE: The information presented here is meant for entertainment and/or educational purposes only, and should never be considered as a statement(s) of fact, instructions, or medical advice.