We take breast augmentation surgery very seriously here at MAS, and the Keller Funnel is a serious device for women interested in the safest, quickest, and least traumatic insertion technique for breast implants.
The No Touch Breast Augmentation is redefining the standard for safety and sterility with breast implant surgery of all types (breast augmentation, breast implant exchange, breast implant revision, and breast reconstruction), and in our practice we consider it to be the gold standard for all of our breast augmentation procedures. When the funnel is used properly, the implants are transferred directly from the manufacturer’s sterile container into the sterile funnel and into the breast pocket without being touched by human hands or any other possible contaminants, hence the “No Touch” designation. The funnels advanced hydrophilic coating protects the implant shell during the transfer, and allows the implant to pass through a smaller incision (which translates into a smaller scar) in a way that is far less traumatic than finger insertion (which leads to a shorter recovery time).
Keep reading for more information and a video demonstration of the Keller Funnel in action and see how it compares to traditional finger insertion techniques.
The Benefits of the No Touch Technique
The Keller Funnel breast augmentation using the No-Touch Technique has several key advantages over finger insertion:
- Improved Sterility. Since the funnel serves as a conduit for the implant to pass directly from the sterile manufacturer’s container into the body, the implant is never touched by human hands or by any other possible contaminants as it passes through the incision. And since implant contamination is the leading theory behind the cause of capsular contracture, the No Touch Technique leads to the lowest possible risk of this complication, as well a decreased risk of infection after surgery.
- Faster Recovery. The Keller Funnel allows a much smoother and easier passage of the implant through the incision with the extra stretch and trauma associated with the finger insertion methods. Less trauma means less pain and a faster recovery time.
- Smaller Scar. Because the funnel allows such a smooth passage for the implant, larger devices can be inserted through smaller incisions. Smaller incisions mean smaller scars and quicker recovery times.
Our Signature Breast Augmentation Procedures
We offer three very exclusive breast augmentation techniques in our practice. Click any of the links below to learn more, or click here to schedule a consultation.
- The Natural Breast Augmentation™
- The Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation™
- The Playmate Breast Augmentation™
How to Schedule a Consultation for Breast Augmentation at MAS
If you’re ready to take the next step and find out which implants and techniques will produce the results you’ve been wanting, please give our office a call at 917-703-7069, or send us a message by clicking hereNicholas Vendemia, M.D. Plastic Surgeon New York
NOTICE: The information presented here is meant for entertainment and/or educational purposes only, and should never be considered as a statement(s) of fact, instructions, or medical advice.