Harsh winter weather tends to dry the skin, but with a few quick and easy adjustments to your normal skincare routine, you should be able to make it through the season unscathed. Learn more about our Top 3 Tips for Winter Skincare, or feel free to check out some our most popular clinical skincare services by clicking here.
- Don’t stop your sunscreen! While it’s true that winter sun is less intense than summer sun, unprotected exposure to UV rays will damage your skin year round. Make sure to use a product with a minimum SPF of 30 under your makeup every day. My personal favorite is Dermaquest ZinClear Zinc Oxide sunscreen… it offers max protection from both UVA and UVB, it dries clear and light enough to apply easily under makeup, and it’s both noncomedogenic and fragrance-free. ZinClear is such an excellent clinical product that we also use it as a finisher for our most advanced skin treatments to ensure that freshly-treated, sensitive skin is well protected as soon as our patients step out of the office.
- Don’t stop exfoliating! High quality exfoliative regimens can sometimes lead to overly dry skin in the wintertime, but proper daily exfoliation is still the key to beautiful skin that lasts forever. Try a more gentle setting with more passes when using your Clarisonic brush (highly recommended!), and replace your usual cleanser with a more gentle version like Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Facial Cleanser.
- Repair while you sleep. Your skin repairs itself at night, so be sure to give it the tools it needs to do it’s job. Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Night Creme is an excellent high-end OTC moisturizer that is powerful enough take on the tough task of hydrating dry winter skin, but also gentle enough not to feel heavy or clog pores.
How can I get more information about clinical skin care, or anything else presented here?
Feel free to give us a call at 917-703-7069, or send us a message by clicking here if you need more information about skin care products or services, or if you would like to schedule a personal skincare consultation.
Our Most Popular Clinical Skincare Treatments
Clinical and Laser Skin Care is one of our specialties here at MAS, and we take that statement very seriously. Our techniques are not only innovative, but also customizable to almost any skin type, skincare goal, and desired amount of downtime, so if you are interested in something that you don’t see here, please feel free to give us a call at 917-703-7069.
- The LiteTouch Laser Facial™
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and OPL (Optimized Pulsed Light)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
We encourage you to View our Clinical Skincare Photo Gallery to see the incredible results that real patients have achieved in our practice with our exclusive and innovative approaches to skincare.Nicholas Vendemia, M.D. Plastic Surgeon New York
NOTICE: The information presented here is meant for entertainment and/or educational purposes only, and should never be considered as a statement(s) of fact, instructions, or medical advice. None of the celebrities or individuals discussed here have ever received treatment, surgery, medical advice, or evaluations from any author, physician, surgeon, or representative of this blog. No actual patients or clients are shown unless stated as such in the article.